As you all probably know by now, I am a lover of chocolate. I am, as some may say, a chocoholic. When I was pregnant this time round, I couldn't eat chocolate at all, it made me feel so ill and that was by far the worst thing to do with my pregnancy, not been able to eat chocolate.
So now that Joseph is here, I am making the most of the fact that I can now eat it again and have been taking every opportunity to devour it. That's when I came up with the chocolate brownie buns. Similar to brownie slice, but made into buns instead so there is none of the faffing trying to get them out of the tin afterwards.
To make my Chocolate Brownie Buns, you will need:
Ingredients250g bar of chocolate
85g of butter
140g plain flower
1. Preheat the oven to 180c.
2. Line a muffin tin with bun cases.
3. Melt 200g of the chocolate in a saucepan with the butter, heating gently and stirring constantly.
4. Whisk the eggs and sugar together and then slowly add the flour into the mix, a bit at a time.
5. Stir in the melted chocolate.
6. Finally, use the 50g of chocolate leftover and break in to chunks, add this to the mix and stir well.
7. Spoon the mixture into the bun cases and bake for around 30 minutes.
8. Leave to cool and then enjoy.
And that is it! Super simple to make and so yummy to eat.
You can then of course mix it up a bit. Use white chocolate for the chunks to add into the mix for an extra bit of flavour. Maybe even add in some nuts. Hazelnuts, almonds or even walnuts would work well in this recipe. I've even tried it with Nutella instead of chocolate and that works well too and gives you the nutty flavour without the chunks.
Whether you decide to follow my recipe to the 't' or add in a few extras to make them extra special, make sure you enjoy them. And send me a cheeky photo on Twitter if you do bake them, I'd love to see your bakes @Yorkshire_Mummy