Flapjacks are a firm favourite in our house. The kids love helping me make them and we're always experimenting by adding fudge, Reece's Pieces, Rolos and chocolate chunks, but today I give you a recipe for chocolate coated flapjacks, simple and easy to do.
350g oats (we used Jordans Simply Granola for extra bite)
2 tbsp golden syrup
100g bar of chocolate
1. Pre-heat oven to 150C and line a 7inch square tin with baking parchment.
2. Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup on a low heat until fully disolved.
3. Add the oats to the pan and let it gently simmer for a few minutes.
4. Pour into the oven tin and squash it down.
5. Oven bake for 35-40 minutes, leaving longer for a crispier texture.
6. Take out of the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes
7. Melt the chocolate over a pan of hot water.
8. After the flapjacks have cooled, take out of the tin, remove the parchment and spread the chocolate sauce over the top.
9. Cut into squares and then leave to set.
And that's it, gorgeous, moreish flapjacks that a great treat for adults and children.