Today I have a lovely guest post recipe from Joanna Victoria. Joanna is 24, married to Stuart and a mummy-to-be expecting their little bundle in December.
I am sharing with you a very yummy and healthy recipe using one of The Lake District Dairy Co Cooking sauces. I have been trying out some very yummy recipes over the week trying out the three yummy flavours:
- Garlic and Herb
- Tomato and Basil
The Tikka and Tomato and Basil flavors will be out sometime this autumn and the Garlic and Herb one is already out in supermarkets across the UK. Today I'll be sharing my recipe of Chicken and rice in a Tikka sauce.
So onto the recipe:
Serves 4 (382 Kcals each)
You will need:
- 1 tsbp vegetable oil
- 400g of boneless, skinless chicken thighs (cubed)
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 200g of basmati rice
- 250ml chicken stock
- 50g raisons
- 200g of Lake District Tikka cooking sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp toasted almonds (flaked)
1. In a large frying pan or wok, heat the oil, then add the chicken and stirfry over a high heat until it starts to brown.
2. Add the onion and pepper and stirfry over a high heat for 4 mins or until soft
3. stir in the rice and stock, then bring to boil, cover and simmer for 10 mins
4. remove the lid and stir in the Tikka cooking sauce, add the raisins and recover.
5. Simmer for a further 5 mins stirring occasionally until the rice grains are plump and tender
6. scatter over coriander and almonds to serve.
We really enjoyed how this one turned out we chose not to use the raisins on ours though as I'm not keen on raisins on this type of meal. We also left off the almonds due to hubby having a nut allergy.
For more yummy recipes, reviews and mummy posts please head over to my blog www.joannavictoria.co.uk